St. Vincent de Paul Giving Tree Appeal
Míle buíochas for your very generous support to the appeal. The girls in Ms. Brodie’s 5th class were a great help packing and sorting the gifts before we delivered them to the Vincent de Paul offices!
Hallelujah Choir Festival
What a fantastic performance by our 4th class girls who participated in the Hallelujah Choir Festival on Sunday 8th December in The Citywest Arena. MAITH SIBH!
We will have a non –uniform day on Friday 14th February 2014 to raise funds for St. John’s Ward, Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin. Donations of €2 or more would be greatly appreciated. The girls may dress in pink/red colours.
Summer Tang 4th class, competed in the Leinster School’s Minor Swimming Competition on Sat. 11th January 2014. Maith thú, Summer.
Belgrove Senior Girls’ School savings scheme with Clontarf Credit Union, will commence next Thursday 13th February 2014 when the girls will receive their savings card. It’s not too late to join either! If your child has not taken up the offer and wishes to do so, application forms will be available in the secretary’s office on Thursday.
This is a fantastic opportunity to teach the girls all about saving but for the scheme to work effectively parent volunteers are needed !
- Once a fortnight
- Thursday morning 8.55a.m. (30-40 minutes)
- Contact Clarissa Bryans on 087 9174776.
Green School Committee News
As you are probably aware, Belgrove Senior Girls’ School is currently in the process of applying for our third green flag which is based on the water theme. The whole school have been working really hard on this theme. We have been concentrating on reducing our water consumption and on creating an awareness of how valuable water is to us.
Sinéad Hourihane from An Taisce came to visit us on the 21st of January to conduct a water review. She was very pleased with our progress and was impressed by the hard work that we had done. She informed the committee that the school had reduced its water consumption by nearly one third compared to last year. This is great news. Well done girls!
Our Action Day for the water theme will take place on Wednesday 12th of February. There will be lots of different water activities taking place around the school!
Ná déan dearmad– we have done such a good job of reducing our water consumption in school, why not see how much water you can save at home? Your daughter should be able to give you some good water saving tips!
The Green School Committee
Eason Spelling Bee
Our school has entered the “Eason Spelling Bee with Tubridy 2014” competition. We are currently trying to find our spelling bee champion in the senior classes!
Well done to our two 6th class teams who won their recent matches in the Senior North Dublin Primary Schools League!
Good luck to our 5th class teams who will be participating in the Junior North Dublin Primary Schools League. GO BELGROVE!!
Leinster Primary Schools Tennis League
Our school has entered the Tennis League again this year. Further details will follow.
Belgrove Book Club has been extended to the girls in 5th class. Both 6th and 5th classes meet separately, once a month to discuss books read. Míle buiochas to the parents who have volunteered to help with the supervision rota.
Setanta Book Fair
Please note our Book Fair will take place the 24th – 28th March. Further details will follow.
Parent’s Association Annual Fun Quiz – (School Hall)
3rd & 4th class : Sunday 16th February 2p.m. – 3.30p.m.
5th & 6th class: Sunday 16th February 4p.m. – 5.30p.m.
- Please ensure your daughter has a healthy lunch – keep treats to a minimum
- A chailíní – Ná déan dearmad No crisps, chewing gum or hard sweets.
- Please ensure your daughter is on time for class in the mornings. The official opening time of the school is 8.40am. Supervision begins at this time. Classes commence at 9.00am and your daughter should be in the classroom by then. Classes end at 2.20pm.
- If your daughter is not feeling well please do not send her into school
- Tracksuit and suitable runners with laces correctly tied are to be worn for P.E.
- Please return the questionnaire re uniforms by Friday 14th February 2014
NEWB (National Education Welfare Board)
- It is a requirement for schools to report absences of 20 days or more to the National Education Welfare Board (NEWB). Under this arrangement, we must also categorise the reason for each absence. I remind you therefore how important it is that you send a written note to the Class Teacher explaining why your daughter has been absent, on every occasion. The absence note should be on a separate page, and not in your daughter’s homework journal, because the Class Teacher will have to retain it for reference. There are four reporting periods in the year. As a matter of courtesy you will be notified in writing if your daughter is recorded on the NEWB form. Please see www.newb.ie for further details.
School Warden Notice
Please remember –
- No blocking neighbouring house entrances
- Slow down when approaching the school
- NO 3 point/U turns on yellow box
KEEP OUR GIRLS SAFE!
Important diary dates
An Garda Síochana in conjunction with Darren Dunwoody will give a presentation to parents on
- Internet Privacy Wed. 5th March 2014 8p.m. School Hall
6th Class Retreat
10 – 12 noon Manresa House.
- Tuesday, 29th April 2014
- Wednesday, 30th April 2014
- Thursday, 1st May 2014
Our midterm break is on Thursday 20th February and Friday 21st February inclusive.
Thank you all for your continued support of the school.
Bíodh sos deas agaibh J
Le gach dea-ghuí,