Happy Sports Day to you all! I hope you all are extra active today and enjoy yourselves! Don’t forget to drink plenty of water throughout the day too! 😊
I’m sure you all have plenty of your own ideas to keep active so feel free to use your own. Here are some more suggestions:
- Dance along to your favourite routines on GoNoodle – or even make up your own dance routine.
- Joe Wick’s PE lessons are really fun and great to get all of your muscles moving!
- Go for a walk/jog/run/scoot/cycle with your family.
- Have sprint races/relays with your siblings.
- Grab a skipping rope and try to get as skips in a row as you can.
- You can try out some yoga – CosmicKidsYoga on YouTube or GoNoodle both have easy routines to follow.
- Spell Your Name PE – see picture below.
- Choose activities from the Active Choice Board – see picture below.
- Long Jump – mark where you land and try and jump further the next time. (Remember the proper jumping and landing positions from our PE classes.)
- Target Practice – throw objects into a bucket, hoop, etc. Take a step back each time and see if you can reach the target from a further distance.
- Egg and Spoon Races – use a small ball/round object to save the eggs!! 😊
- Dribble a basketball/Hop and Solo a football for as long as you can or while running between objects laid out in the garden.
- Partake in an obstacle course like the one below – or you can also create your own obstacles!! 😊
Here are some more ideas for you to look at, if the weather is not participating with our Sports Day plans!! 😊
Draw your own sporting scene picture.
Have a fantastic, fun and active day girls. Make sure you let me know what you’re getting up to on Seesaw! 😊
Ms. Mason 🤗