Thanks to all who attended our meeting this morning. It was a pleasure to meet with you all, especially at such an early part of the year.
As discussed at the meeting, below please find a direct link to the parent section of our Abair Liom F Gaeilge reading scheme. This Folens Website has a number of online resources including useful vocabulary and sound clips to help with pronunciation. Also listed below are some other useful websites that can help keep the ‘cúpla focal sa bhaile’!
The link is:
Click on Students – Register- Primary School and it will re-direct you to a parents register.
Other useful websites:
- Is Féidir Liom http://www.isfeidirliom.ie/
- Éasca Péasca http://www.eascapeasca.com/index.php
- The ‘Easy Irish’ site http://www.easyirish.com/
- Ríomhchainteoir http://www.abair.tcd.ie/?page=synthesis&lang=eng
If you have an i-pad or android tablet, the following apps are easy to use for both parents and children:
- The Duolingo app now grown to include Irish. Specially designed to slowly introduce the user to the language through listening, reading and writing, the app is easy to use and adapts to the pace of the learner.
- Cúla Caint: Cúla4 is the young people’s service on TG4. This App brings you over 100 fun Irish language words and images for pre-school kids or learners. The words include Weather, Animals, Vehicles, and Parts of the Body.
Bain taitneamh as!
Ms. Furness 🙂